You may be amazed that there are more than 1000 species of fleas in this world and each of them is parasitic. The strange thing is that the 90% of them are cat fleas while the rests are just bird fleas and its kind. It’s called cat fleas because they live on cats though you can find them in some other pets like dogs.
Fleas can jump very high; you can’t underestimate it because of its small size. They will search for something warm and has blood and will live and breed there. Not only on the cats’ coat but also on you as human. This will be very discomforting for your cats and for you who get the risk as well. The fleas can cause itches and allergies.
Therefore you need to control fleas at home by keeping your cats clean. If you haven’t found any sign of fleas, it is better you prevent before the occurrence. You may have heard that prevention is better than a cure.
How to Get Rid of Fleas on Cats Fast:
- Regularly vacuum your households like carpets, upholstery, bedding, and floors.
- Frequently check your cats whether they have fleas or not
- Apply necessary preventive flea treatments in advance to make sure that your cats are well groomed.
- Regularly clean and wash your cats’ bed.
- Generally, cat fleas are coming from outdoors of any wild animal, so keep your pets indoors.
- In summer months fleas are more prevalent, so that be more aware during the warm season.
If you have gotten the sign that your cats have fleas, here are the ways of how to control the cat fleas:
- Do more extensive vacuuming for all households like carpets, upholstery, bedding, and wood floors, then empty your vacuum cleaner and waste the contents immediately.
- Use an effective anti-flea treatment for those surfaces at your home, but you need to be sure that the treatment is safe for your children and your pets.
- Comb your cats after bathe and brushed them with an anti-fleas shampoo. If you don’t have time to do it, just get services of the cat grooming salon.
- Preventive additional tools and medicines after shampooing should be applied as well, such as cat fleas collar, sprays, cat flea drop or cat flea powder. The medicine in a form of course tablets will break the life cycle of fleas. This will be effective but do not forget to read the application instructions and the dosage before applying them.
- You may need to call a professional for further control and to fumigate your house and eliminate 95% of the total alive cat fleas includes their larvae, pupae, and eggs.
- When cat fleas’ attack is overwhelming, it is recommended to use pro-grade insecticides to solve fleas’ oversize population.
There has been well advancement of fleas prevention and control over the years. Now you can be sure that soon there will be days where you will be free from the cat fleas.